Monday 2 June 2014

Me-Made-May 2014: Days 26-31

This is it for Me-Made-May! It's gone by really quickly, and I've really enjoyed participating (although it's nice to be able to wear some of my favourite RTW/thrifted clothing again, without having to figure out how to pair it with something me-made). Here's my outfits from the past week, and within the next few days I'll do a round-up post with some photo outtakes... just for fun.


Monday, May 25

Shirt: Thrifted (Armani Exchange)
Skirt: Me-made (Sewaholic Hollyburn, pre-blog)
Tights: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden

This top was one I found for $10 at a thrift store... a little pricey by thrift store standards, but it is an expensive brand, and it fits me quite well. It's a cotton/nylon/spandex blend that's a lot more comfortable to wear than a lot of poly/cotton shirting fabrics.

Looking back at these photos, it definitely needed a press before taking them. Oh well!























Tuesday, May 27

Camisole: RTW (Dynamite)
Bolero: Mom-made
Skirt: RTW, me-modified
Tights: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden

Pretty much an outfit repeat, but with a different (but very similar) camisole. When my mom drafted the camisole that I wore with this outfit before, she modeled it after this one and used a remnant that we bought that happened to be pretty much exactly the same colour. This one is getting really worn out (it was really cheap, and I bought it a few years ago), so I don't mind having two camisoles that look practically the same.























Wednesday, May 28

Shirt: Me-made (self-drafted, pre-blog)
Skirt: RTW, me-modified
Hoodie: RTW (Maha Devi)
Sandals: Orthaheel

Again, not my best day... although I don't particularly like this top, this is becoming one of my go-to outfits this May. I think I need to sew a little more with knits, because I clearly wear them a lot!


I actually didn't wear the hoodie most of the day... but by the time I took pictures, it had cooled off a bit.




























Thursday, May 29

Shirt: Me-made (Sewaholic Pendrell, modified)
Cardigan: Thrifted (Cynthia Rowley)
Skirt: RTW, me-modified
Tights: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden

By this point, I was getting a little bored with taking daily photos, so I was trying to have a little more fun with them! 





























Friday, May 30

Dress: Me-made (Sewaholic Cambie)
Cardigan: Consignment (Jackpot)
Sandals: Orthaheel

I realized on this day that I still hadn't worn one of my favourite me-mades, my first Cambie dress! It was a little cooler today still, so I needed the cardigan, but I really like it with this dress. This cardigan goes with everything! I feel like I want to knit a cropped cardigan in every colour of the rainbow now.




























Saturday, May 31

Camisole: Mom-made (self-drafted)
Skirt: RTW, me-modified
Cardigan: RTW (Line for Mendocino)
Sandals: Orthaheel

I think I've worn this skirt more than anything else this month! I think I really need to sew some more summery skirts, because I obviously wear them a lot, and this is really my only one. All my other skirts are black, and don't feel very summery!




























So that's it for Me-Made-May 2014! I really enjoyed participating, but I'm kind of glad that it's done. It's been really interesting to keep track of what I wear, and I've learned a lot about what works for me and what doesn't. Stay tuned for one last post!

If you participated in MMM, how did it go?

7 comments:

  1. You look so lovely in blues! I think my fave outfit for the week is the cambie dress with the cropped cardigan.
    Well done, and I really like the forest glade setting you've chosen for your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that's my favourite outfit this week, too, especially since it hides the fact that the neckline is a little wonky on that dress (not that anyone else really notices, but...)

      Delete
  2. Loved all of your MMM outfits! You have a lovely style :)
    Congratulations on making it through to the end! My documenting kind of petered out during the last week, but it was such a fun project.

    PS: If you're into this kind of thing, I nominated you for a "Liebster Award". Totally no pressure to participate - hopefully it just helps a few more people discover your lovely blog :)
    Details are here: http://fozzelandbean.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/monday-motivation-liebster.html

    xx. Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely got a little sick of taking so many photos of myself by the end, too, which is why I tried to at least keep it interesting by trying different photo locations.

      Thanks for the nomination! I would love to participate, but I've already been nominated for three, and I never seem to get around to actually posting about them... so I'll have to see. Thanks though!

      Delete
  3. I agree that MMM made me a bit tired of self-photos by the end! Otherwise it was a fun exercise. Glad I've discovered your blog -- always nice to find a fellow Canadian to inspire new sewing ideas :) Love your style, so I'll be following along with your adventures now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the fun kind of wore off over the month, but I'm glad I participated. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Lift that skirt up!

    ReplyDelete